The Management Accountant will be responsible for all day to day and month-end activities in the revenue process including contract review in accordance with PlotBox’s revenue recognition rules, account reconciliations, reporting & analysis, and audit. There will also be responsibilities around project pricing and comparison of project budgets to actual project costs. This person will be part of a busy finance team, and will work closely with the CFO to gain practical experience in a growth and success-oriented environment.
Key Areas of Accountability are as follows:
- Ensure that revenue is recognised in accordance with PlotBox’s policy
- Stay current on revenue recognition guidance and raise interpretations of guidance with respect to PlotBox’s revenue policy
- Participate in all aspects of the revenue close, including creating journal entries, reconciliations, etc.
Reporting & Analysis
- Run the monthly management accounts process
- Analyse revenue trends and investigate variances
- Analyse and report gross profit margins
- Take a lead on the month-end close by compiling and analysing relevant data and preparing journal entries related to Revenue, Cash Receipts and Accounts Receivable and deferred / accrued revenue
- Assist with performing balance sheet reconciliations on a monthly basis, maintain supporting schedules for various entities and accounts, and assist with discrepancy resolutions.
- Prepare monthly, quarterly and annual cost forecasts
Process and efficiencies
- Participate in various process improvement efforts related to monthly revenue close
- Assist in establishing and monitoring the implementation and maintenance of accounting control procedures and accounting policies
- Support system implementations and maintenance
- Work closely with the commercial and delivery teams to Identify and recommend process improvements in the sales/revenue process
- Identify and recommend cost-effective solutions
- Assist in the preparation of schedules and respond to inquiries and request for support from management or external auditors in conjunction with PlotBox’s financial audit.
- Assist with the preparation of Invest NI grant claims
The Person - the successful person will look like this:
- Hold a relevant Accounting Qualification (CIMA / ACCA /ACA)
Skills & knowledge
- Excellent analytical skills along with the ability to combine different data and calculate profit margins.
- Ability to create detailed reports which present cost-effective solutions for PlotBox
- In-depth understanding of Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP)
- Strong time management skills with the ability to work to deadlines and prioritise effectively
- High degree of accuracy and attention to detail
- Computer literacy, MS Excel in particular (familiarity with VLOOKUPs and pivot tables)
- At least 3 years experience, gained within the last 5 years, as a Management Accountant, Cost Accountant, Cost Analyst, Accountant or similar role
- Experience of the use of accounting software
- Experience of pricing and analysing profitability of technology delivery projects
- Revenue recognition experience relating to technology project delivery
- Experience of pricing and analysing profitability of enterprise-scale software projects
- Experience of Software as a Service (SaaS)
- Experience in using Xero