We pride ourselves on delivering world class solutions to our clients and rely on our talented and experienced Technology team to work together with Delivery to ensure product releases are delivered to the very best quality.
This is a fantastic opportunity to become a key member of the team as we embark on brand new and exciting development projects to produce the next generation of our product set providing significant enhancements for our global customers.
You will actively participate in meetings with our customers in multiple regions, working closely with the customer success team to understand customer needs. The majority of this happens remotely, however international travel may be required.
As Product Owner at PlotBox, you will be expected to
- Act as primary liaison, understanding and anticipating client and market needs and communicating with all stakeholders across the board to define a vision for key product areas
- Develop, own and execute the product roadmap aligned with business objectives
- Manage the product backlog, balancing scope, budget and time to prioritise objectives and map out dependencies
- Oversee the development stages, collaborating with the product and development teams to plan, execute and review each sprint,
- Take accountability for each stage of the development process and work closely with the team to refine and improve the development process
- Evaluate product progress, inspect and assessing progress through each iteration and determining if the final product is acceptable
- Articulate problems and processes in a way which is understandable to key stakeholders, both business and technical, and facilitate the analysis and design of effective solutions.
- Work closely with the delivery team to help guide clients through the implementation stage, ensuring that they get the most value from the product.
Who we think will be a great fit
To be successful in this position, you will have:
- At least 1-year experience working as a product owner delivering new, and iterations of existing products, using agile methodologies OR
- At least 2 years’ experience working within agile software development projects (SaaS technology ideally) either as a project manager, business analyst or other relevant role
- Proven track record of stakeholder management experience in a similar role
It would also be useful if you have:
- Experience of working with customers in a discovery process
- Experience of providing guidance and support to customers embarking on digital transformation
- Experience of SaaS Software Development, or related problem-solving discipline within the technology industry
…but this is not a dealbreaker! We are more than happy to hear from you if you are keen to learn these aspects on the job.
To excel in this role, you will have:
- Knowledge of the Software Development Life Cycle with a passion for technology, and how it can be used to reimagine and transform user experiences
- Demonstrable experience of agile and scrum methodology
- The ability to lead and demonstrate value and add principles to a team
- Strong influencing skills
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, with the ability to effectively communicate issues to technical and non-technical people and the ability to produce written documentation to a high standard
- A logical approach to problem solving with a track record of good analytical skills
- The ability to relate to customers and team stakeholders, whilst being comfortable in challenging where appropriate
- The motivation to develop skills and experience to raise your profile and develop your career in a fast-paced environment
- Comfortable and competent facilitation skills for small groups to achieve focused outcomes
- The ability to work flexibly and to tight deadlines
- Comfort working on own initiative and in a collaborative team environment
- Broad business and technology understanding and a proven awareness of industry trends
- Good knowledge and understanding of business processes and be able to articulate these in a way that all stakeholders will understand
- Ability to recognise potential risks such as scope creep, and mitigate those risks
It will boost your productivity in this role if you already have:
- UX understanding and knowledge
- Wireframing and prototyping tools and techniques
PlotBox is the leading software solution provider for the bereavement industry, facilitating crematoria and cemetery clients all around the world. We are very clear on our mission; to take away some of the pain for families dealing with death and those who serve them. Enabling our clients with world class software allows them to turn their attention to successfully supporting grieving families.
We are a high growth scale up of almost 60 people headquartered in NI and spread out across the globe, collaborating on a journey to make PlotBox the solution of choice for every death care facility, globally. We live and breathe our core values – Tenacity, Teamwork and Trust.
We have a passion for tech and innovation, actively exploiting new and cutting-edge tools and technologies to enhance our product and skillset. We actively promote from within and our dynamic scale up culture ensures proactivity and initiative is rewarded with excellent career opportunities, progression and mobility.
How would our team describe life in PlotBox? When asked to describe our company, they use words such as fun, respect, care, team spirit, family feel, trust, happy, listen, sense of accomplishment, flexibility, development.
This is an exceptional opportunity to join our talented team. We recently made it into the top 10 UK Best Workplaces™ 2021 and could not be happier. Our staff have told us loud and clear that they love working for PlotBox; from the relaxed working environment to feeling truly valued in their roles. In addition, our purpose driven mission and the sense of pride in doing what we do - to ultimately lessen people’s pain at the most difficult time of their lives - means a lot to our team.
Benefits Offered by PlotBox
Our headquarters are ideally placed in the beautiful and scenic countryside location around Ballymena along with other office locations in the USA and Australia. We are constantly increasing our list of benefits which currently include:
- Investment in employee growth, development and certification courses.
- Regular wellbeing initiatives and health cash plans
- Safe and supportive culture; we foster continuous improvement in all aspects of work
- Career mobility and progression
- Regular travel opportunities
- Flexible working hours
- Working from home options (and not just during the pandemic!)
- Active social and charity committee - lots of social events throughout the year
- Office perks: fridge and larder fully stocked with unlimited drinks and snacks
- Free Parking