Solutions Consultant - based in Adelaide/Remote.
Salary is dependent upon Experience
Reporting to the Chief Commercial Officer and working closely with the General Manager APAC, the Solutions Consultant will manage opportunities and close sales, taking a consultative approach to understand customers’ needs, nurturing relationships, and building and maintaining focus on our product. The Solutions Consultant will be responsible for:
- Managing your own pipeline of prospects from opportunity creation to becoming a paying customer
- Working closely with the Marketing team to successfully execute campaigns
- Calling on predefined prospect lists to generate new sales pipeline
- Responding to inbound marketing leads and develop them into qualified sales opportunities
- Developing and expanding our CRM database through online research and live outreach
- Qualification of prospects and needs analysis
- Identifying and consulting with the entire Decision Making Unit to develop a holistic understanding of the business's needs
- Where applicable, develop and respond to RFP’s and engage with prospects stakeholders to facilitate purchase
- Facilitating and delivering online (or in person where appropriate) product demonstrations encompassing both technical and non-technical aspects of the product offer
- Collecting complex information from prospects to fully understand their business situation in order to generate pricing
- Creating compelling proposals and effectively consult with the prospect on the creation and distribution of proposals to other stakeholders
- Carrying out contract negotiations and preparation of all associated documentation to close sales
- Collaborating with BDRs
- Maintaining accurate and complete customer records, and activity and pipeline reports within the CRM
- Strict adherence to the PlotBox sales process and team selling approach
- Achieving and reporting on key OKRs and KPIs agreed upon with the Chief Commercial Officer
- With support from our Sales Engineers, Marketing, Product and Training, you will be expected to gain a solid understanding of
- the industry in which we operate
- our customers’ business operations
- our product, its features and benefits and how they meet customer needs
- Attendance at key trade shows
Who we think will be a great fit
You will be a highly motivated, self-sufficient and well-organised professional who has the patience and tenacity to see sales through to close.
You will also bring:
- 3+ years successful deathcare, sales or SaaS/technology/B2B experience
- 1+ years’ experience in writing and submitting RFPs/proposals and bid responses
- Strong work ethic and flexibility to communicate with international offices
- Excellent IT skills
- Exceptional presentation and interpersonal skills
- Strong business acumen with a consultative selling approach
- Demonstrable eagerness to learn new technology/products
- Demonstrable ability to describe technical solutions to business users
- Strong Awareness of the competitive landscape and the ability to position our products effectively
- Ability to travel throughout Australia/New Zealand to attend conferences and prospect meetings
Whilst not essential, the following would be advantageous in this role
- Working knowledge of Hubspot (CRM)
- Experience in public sector procurement
- Working knowledge of G-suite (gmail, google drive)
- Experience in selling SaaS products
- Experience in selling within a typical sales cycle of ~9 months
- Degree in a Business/IT-related subject
- Experience in implementing ‘Challenger’ Sales, Solution Selling Methodology or similar framework desired
- Driver’s licence
- Competitive salary
- Attractive uncapped commission structure
- Career growth with a rapidly growing technology leader
PlotBox is the innovative cloud-based deathcare management solution that enables cemeteries, crematories and funeral homes to serve their families in the best way possible. We are very clear on our mission; to take away some of the pain for families dealing with death and those who serve them, provide our customers with more time for what matters.
Headquartered in Northern Ireland, with offices in the United States and Australia, our growing, 80-strong multidisciplinary team of experts provides our partners with the same professional levels of service, support and satisfaction across the globe. We live and breathe our core values – Tenacity, Teamwork and Trust.
We have a passion for tech and innovation, actively exploiting new and cutting-edge tools and technologies to enhance our product and skillset. We actively promote from within and our dynamic scale up culture ensures that proactivity and initiative are rewarded with excellent career opportunities, progression and mobility.
How would our team describe life at PlotBox? When asked to describe our company, they use words such as fun, respect, care, team spirit, family feel, trust, happy, listen, sense of accomplishment, flexibility, development.
We are proud that, for the third year running, we have received our Great Place to Work® Certification™. This follows our top ten ranking on the 2022 UK’s Best Workplaces™ in Tech list, as well as being named one of the 2022 UK’s Best Workplaces™ For Women, and one of the 2022 UK's Best Workplaces™ for Wellbeing.
Our staff have told us loud and clear that they love working for PlotBox; from the relaxed working environment to feeling truly valued in their roles. In addition, our purpose-driven mission and the sense of pride in doing what we do - to ultimately lessen people’s pain at the most difficult time of their lives - means a lot to our team.
Benefits offered by PlotBox
We are constantly increasing our list of benefits which currently include:
- 24 days PTO + recognised statutory days
- Investment in employee growth and development
- Safe and supportive culture; we foster continuous improvement in all aspects of work
- Career mobility and progression
- Regular travel opportunities
- Flexible working hours and hybrid working (ideally 1-2 days in the office)
- Chance to be part of an exciting scale-up organisation